WE RUN NBA RULES WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS:
NBA rules apply with the following additions and exceptions:
* Games will consist of 10 minute quarters with 2 minute breaks between quarters and 12 minutes between halves.
* Each team will be allowed TWO 30 second time-outs each half. ONE 1 minute time out and 2 “Advancement” in the 4th quarter.
* A running clock will be used until the last two (2) minutes of the game.
* Time will continue to run and will not be stopped if there is a differential of ten (10) or more points entering the final two (2) minutes of play.
* No player can foul out.
* No free throws will be attempted.
In games closer than the ten (10) point differential entering the final two (2) minutes of play, special rules will govern in order to account for fouls and the advancement of the ball:
* If a player is FOULED HARD in the act of shooting, two (2) or three (3) points will be granted to his team accordingly.
- INTENTIONAL FOULS WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC 3pts
- Fouls are called at the referee’s discretion and will result in two (2) or three (3) points being awarded to the offensive team.
* In the last two minutes of the game, if the team who’s up gets caught for a reaching foul, 5 seconds goes back on the clock.
If a team fouls 3 times in one offensive possession then it will be an automatic “Freebie Basket”
* Just like in soccer, continuation applies, the referee may call a foul late depending if the offense can get by, an offensive rebound or a put back.
* 6 seconds to cross half court
* The hand is regarded as part of the ball.
* NO TIPITAP. This is VENICEBALL “NO WEAK FOULS”
* In case of a tie at the end of regulation, there will be a three (3) minute overtime with a stoppable clock. If a tie exists after the first overtime, a sudden death overtime will be played, starting with a jump ball. The first team to score will be declared the winner.
* NO ZONE DEFENSES will be permitted. Man to man at all times. A team will get a one (1) point penalty every time this rule is broken.
* Any time a players steps in the key or free throw line extended a double team may occur.
*If your team is up, you will have 10 seconds past half court to shoot within the last minute of regulation.
* Substitutions may happen at any time in the game. The active player must HIGH FIVE the substitute from out of bounds to step in the game. If not, one point penalty to your team will be applied.
* Anyone receiving an unsportsmanlike technical foul MUST immediately sit out three (3) consecutive minutes. Venice Beach is a family beach atmosphere. Be respectful. The use of repetitive profanity or unsportsmanlike conduct will result in permanent expulsion from the league. FAIR/ FUN/ SAFE
* Anyone who gets dunked on or crossed up to the ground must seat on the bench for 5 minutes or the rest of the quarter. We will also stop the game and go directly into live interview.
* A team may start with sixteen (16) registered players and three (3) trades per season. Seven (7) players is the maximum a team can have on the bench each game.
12 players suit up maximum.
* For playoffs a player must have played at least in one game prior, unless he or she is a celebrity or NBA player.
* No players may be traded once playoffs starts.
* Every player must sign a responsibility waver, as well as a video consent. All highlights will be posted online at VeniceBall.com